The Stimulated Brain: Cognitive Enhancement Using Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation
Cohen Kadosh, Roi
- 出版商: Academic Press
- 出版日期: 2014-06-03
- 售價: $3,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,135
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 568
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0124047041
- ISBN-13: 9780124047044
The Stimulated Brain--which garnered an Honorable Mention for Biomedicine & Neuroscience at the 2015 PROSE Awards from the Association of American Publishers--presents the first integration of findings on brain stimulation from different research fields with a primary focus on Transcranial Electrical Stimulation (tES), one of the most frequently used noninvasive stimulation methods.
The last decade has witnessed a significant increase in the amount of research exploring how noninvasive brain stimulation can not only modulate but also enhance cognition and brain functions. However, although Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and particularly tES have the potential to become more widely applicable techniques (as they come with none of the risks associated with deep brain stimulation) the reference literature on these neurotechnologies has been sparse.
This resource provides a broad survey of current knowledge, and also marks future directions in cognitive and neuro-enhancement. It expands our understanding of basic research findings from animals and humans, including clear translational benefits for applied research and the therapeutic use of noninvasive brain stimulation methods. The book's coverage includes a primer that paves the way to a more advanced knowledge of tES and its physiological basis; current research findings on cognitive and neuro-enhancement in animals and typical and atypical human populations, such as neurological patients; and discussions of future directions, including specific neuroethical issues and pathways for collaboration and entrepreneurialism.
The Stimulated Brain is the first book to provide a comprehensive understanding of different aspects of noninvasive brain stimulation that are critical for scientists, clinicians, and those who are interested in "stimulating their minds" by exploring this fascinating field of research.
- Honorable Mention for Biomedicine & Neuroscience in the 2015 PROSE Awards from the Association of American Publishers
- The only reference on the market to focus on transcranial electrical stimulation (tES)
- Coverage across technical, historical, and application topics makes this the single, comprehensive resource for researchers and students
- Edited book with chapters authored by international leaders in the fields of medicine, neuroscience, psychology, and philosophy--providing the broadest, most expert coverage available