Microwave Active Circuit Analysis and Design（Hardcover）
Clive Poole, Izzat Darwazeh
This book teaches the skills and knowledge required by today’s RF and microwave engineer in a concise, structured and systematic way. Reflecting modern developments in the field, this book focuses on active circuit design covering the latest devices and design techniques.
From electromagnetic and transmission line theory and S-parameters through to amplifier and oscillator design, techniques for low noise and broadband design; This book focuses on analysis and design including up to date material on MMIC design techniques.
With this book you will:
- Learn the basics of RF and microwave circuit analysis and design, with an emphasis on active circuits, and become familiar with the operating principles of the most common active system building blocks such as amplifiers, oscillators and mixers
- Be able to design transistor-based amplifiers, oscillators and mixers by means of basic design methodologies
- Be able to apply established graphical design tools, such as the Smith chart and feedback mappings, to the design RF and microwave active circuits
- Acquire a set of basic design skills and useful tools that can be employed without recourse to complex computer aided design
- Structured in the form of modular chapters, each covering a specific topic in a concise form suitable for delivery in a single lecture
- Emphasis on clear explanation and a step-by-step approach that aims to help students to easily grasp complex concepts
- Contains tutorial questions and problems allowing readers to test their knowledge
- An accompanying website containing supporting material in the form of slides and software (MATLAB) listings
- Unique material on negative resistance oscillator design, noise analysis and three-port design techniques
- Covers the latest developments in microwave active circuit design with new approaches that are not covered elsewhere