Operational Policy Making for Professional Security: Practical Policy Skills for the Public and Private Sector（Paperback）
Operational Policy Making for Professional Security: Practical Policy Skills for the Public and Private Sector is a clear, concise, and practical resource for drafting effective, legally defensible security policies.
Presented in a clear, step-by-step style that can be tailored to fit the smallest organization to the largest, the book offers the strategies needed for reducing risk through solid policy construction. It is the first book available that provides a step-by-step guide to basic security policy construction, along with helpful hints on how to draft a document that conveys exactly what is intended.
The book explores common policy creation pitfalls and how to avoid them, outlining proven methods for implementing and disseminating effective policies throughout any organization.
Discussing the core security and safety policies that no organization should operate without, the book covers common types of policies, along with the pros and cons of different policy-making methodologies. It is a one-stop reference on functional security policy-making for organizational leaders.
- User-friendly resource that guides readers through the entire policy-making process
- Explores real-world solutions to common security policy issues
- Outlines legally defensible policy suggestions
- Provides analytical tools for assessing policies to ensure they are effective and lawful
- Illustrates key concepts with case studies, and offers an appendix with samples that support concepts explored in each chapter