Handbook of Crime Correlates
Ellis, Lee, Farrington, David P., Hoskin, Anthony W.
- 出版商: Academic Press
- 出版日期: 2019-06-05
- 售價: $3,240
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,078
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 730
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0128044179
- ISBN-13: 9780128044179
The Handbook of Crime Correlates, Second Edition summarizes more than a century of worldwide research on traits and social conditions associated with criminality and antisocial behavior. Findings are provided in tabular form, enabling readers to determine at a glance the nature of each association. Within each table, results are listed by country, type of crime (or other forms of antisocial behavior), and whether each variable is positively, negatively, or insignificantly associated with offending behavior. Criminal behavior is broken down according to major categories, including violent crime, property crime, drug offenses, sex offenses, delinquency, and recidivism.
This book provides a resource for practitioners and academics who are interested in criminal and antisocial behavior. It is relevant to the fields of criminology/criminal justice, sociology, and psychology. No other publication provides as much information about how a wide range of variables-e.g., gender, religion, personality traits, weapons access, alcohol and drug use, social status, geography, and seasonality-correlate with offending behavior.
- Includes 400+ tables regarding variables related to criminal behavior
- Consolidates 100+ years of academic research on criminal behavior
- Findings are identified by country and world regions for easy comparison
- Lists criminal-related behaviors according to major categories
- Identifies universal crime correlates