Building Resilient Systems: Architecture, Modeling and Metrics
- 出版商: Morgan Kaufmann
- 出版日期: 2019-10-15
- 售價: $2,510
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,385
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 200
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 012804764X
- ISBN-13: 9780128047644
Building Resilient Systems: Architecture, Modeling and Metrics brings together key concepts and methods to meet the crucial challenges of energy-efficient system resilience. Computer system design is undergoing a paradigm shift in the wake of several disruptive trends, including the increased difficulty in CMOS device technology scaling, the obstacles relating to power and reliability walls, and the evolution of computing paradigms in the era of Internet-of-things (IOT). This book presents a modern perspective on how to build resilient computer systems, emphasizing reliability without incurring unaffordable levels of overhead, such as processor chip area, net system power, or performance degradation.
Readers will find new generation modeling methods, cross-layer optimization and trade-off analysis techniques, along with the cross-layer error tolerant system architectures needed for the future.
- Covers cross-layer resilience modeling, a new technique to optimize energy consumption across system layers
- Explains the necessary tradeoffs to provide targeted system resilience without blowing a cost or power budget
- Presents application-driven compute engines that offer cost-effective solutions for big data analytics, cloud or mobile computing, or cognitive systems that don't compromise end-user quality and system availability
- Includes case studies illustrating examples of embedded, server, and supercomputing systems