Developing and Managing Embedded Systems and Products: Methods, Techniques, Tools, Processes, and Teamwork
This Expert Guide gives you the knowledge, methods and techniques to develop and manage embedded systems successfully. It shows that teamwork, development procedures, and program management require unique and wide ranging skills to develop a system, skills that most people can attain with persistence and effort.
With this book you will:
- Understand the various business aspects of a project from budgets and schedules through contracts and market studies
- Understand the place and timing for simulations, bench tests, and prototypes, and understand the differences between various formal methods such as FMECA, FTA, ETA, reliability, hazard analysis, and risk analysis
- Learn general design concerns such as the user interface, interfaces and partitioning, DFM, DFA, DFT, tradeoffs such as hardware versus software, buy versus build, processor choices, and algorithm choices, acquisition concerns, and interactions and comparisons between electronics, functions, software, mechanics, materials, security, maintenance, and support
- Covers the life cycle for developing an embedded system: program management, procedures for design and development, manufacturing, maintenance, logistics, and legal issues
- Includes proven and practical techniques and advice on tackling critical issues reflecting the authors’ expertise developed from years of experience