Statistical Bioinformatics: with R
Sunil K. Mathur
Statistical Bioinformatics provides a balanced treatment of statistical theory in the context of bioinformatics applications.
Designed for a one or two semester senior undergraduate or graduate bioinformatics course, the text takes a broad view of the subject - not just gene expression and sequence analysis, but a careful balance of statistical theory in the context of bioinformatics applications.
The inclusion of R & SAS code as well as the development of advanced methodology such as Bayesian and Markov models provides students with the important foundation needed to conduct bioinformatics.
- Integrates biological, statistical and computational concepts
- Inclusion of R & SAS code
- Provides coverage of complex statistical methods in context with applications in bioinformatics
- Exercises and examples aid teaching and learning presented at the right level
- Bayesian methods and the modern multiple testing principles in one convenient book