Adverse Childhood Experiences: Using Evidence to Advance Research, Practice, Policy, and Prevention
Asmundson, Gordon J. G., Afifi, Tracie O.
- 出版商: Academic Press
- 出版日期: 2019-10-08
- 售價: $3,740
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,553
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 475
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0128160659
- ISBN-13: 9780128160657
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Using Evidence to Advance Research, Practice, Policy, and Prevention defines ACEs and examines their prevalence and co-occurrence. It reviews in-depth the evidence linking ACEs and mental health, physical health, reproductive health and sexual behaviour, and violence in adulthood. Tackling headlong the controversies in the field of ACEs, the renowned contributors explore the underlying mechanisms linking violence to health and screening for ACEs in the general health care setting, and use current evidence to inform policy and health care practice in efforts to prevent ACEs and to improve the health of those with an ACEs history.
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Using Evidence to Advance Research, Practice, Policy, and Prevention is a powerful resource integrating childhood adversity and adult trauma to more deeply enhance our understanding of mental and physical conditions directly linked to ACEs.
- Explains an ACE score
- Examines socioeconomnic differences in ACE data
- Explores the expansion of the definition of ACEs
- Details the evidence of the link between ACEs and physical health
- Discusses whether spanking should be considered an ACE
- Touches upon methodological limitations of ACEs research
- Includes a global perspective on ACEs