Self-Organizing Neural Maps: The Retinotectal Map and Mechanisms of Neural Development: From Retina to Tectum
Schmidt, John T.
- 出版商: Academic Press
- 出版日期: 2019-10-15
- 售價: $4,910
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,665
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 300
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0128185791
- ISBN-13: 9780128185797
Self-Organizing Neural Maps: From Retina to Tectum describes the underlying processes that determine how retinal fibers self-organize into an orderly visual map. The formation of neural maps is a fundamental organizing concept in neurodevelopment that can shed light on developmental mechanisms and the functions of genes elsewhere. The book presents a summary of research in the retinotectal field with an ultimate goal of synthesizing how underlying mechanisms in neural development harmoniously come together to create life. A broad spectrum of neuroscientists and biomedical scientists with differing backgrounds and varied expertise will find this book useful.
- Describes the mechanisms relating to the developmental wiring of the retinotectal system
- Brings together the state-of-the-art research in axon guidance and neuronal activity mechanisms in map formation
- Focuses on topographical maps and inclusion of multiple animal models, from fish to mammals
- Explores the molecular guidance and activity dependent cue components involved in neurodevelopment