Behavioral Forensics: Using Applied Behavior Analysis in Psychological Court Evaluations
- 出版商: Academic Press
- 出版日期: 2019-11-15
- 售價: $4,340
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,123
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 300
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0128198052
- ISBN-13: 9780128198056
Behavioral Forensics: Using Applied Behavior Analysis in Psychological Court Evaluations presents the first compendia on the application of behavioral principles for the assessment and analysis of criminal behavior in court-ordered psychological evaluations. The book explains criminal motivation, risk behaviors, custody, criminal responsibility, and competence to stand trial. BFA employs principles and techniques of standard behavioral assessment in deducing causal evidence from interview and psychometric data. Sections cover evidence-based concepts and principles of BFA vs. obsolete forensic evaluation models, also including ten case studies that illustrate BFA in pre and post-sentencing evaluations that demonstrate how to determine risk of criminal recidivism or competency.
Considering the unprecedented numbers of psychologists turning to forensic work and influx of graduate programs offering degrees in criminal behavior analysis, this book is a timely resource for a variety of readers.
- Presents the advantages of using Behavioral Forensic Assessment (BFA) over personality theories
- Explains criminal motivation, risk behaviors, custody, criminal responsibility and competence to stand trial from a natural science (behavioral and interbehavioral) perspective
- Includes case studies that illustrate BFA in pre-sentencing and post-sentencing evaluations
- Offers the most scientific, evidence-based approach to criminal (forensic) psychological evaluations