Designing Enterprise Solutions with Sun Cluster 3.0
Richard Elling, Tim Read
- 出版商: Prentice Hall PTR
- 出版日期: 2001-12-05
- 定價: USD $44.00
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 304
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130084581
- ISBN-13: 9780130084583
- Understand the theory behind system and component failures, their impact and subsequent cost to the Enterprise
- Learn about the leading-edge technologies used inside the Sun Cluster 3.0 software
- See how Sun Clusters enable Enterprises to deploy best practice cluster technology quickly and safely
Designing Enterprise Solutions with Sun Cluster 3.0 is an introduction to architecting highly available systems with Sun servers, storage, and the Sun Cluster 3.0 software. Three recurring themes are used throughout the book: failures, synchronization, and arbitration. These themes occur throughout all levels of systems design. The first chapter deals with understanding these relationships and recognizing failure modes associated with synchronization and arbitration. The second and third chapters review the building blocks and describe the Sun Cluster 3.0 software environment in detail. The remaining chapters discuss management servers and provide hypothetical case studies in which enterprise solutions are designed using Sun technologies. Appendices provide a checklist for designing clustered solutions, additional information on Sun technologies used in many different types of clusters, guidelines for data center design best practices, and a brief description of some failure analysis tools used by Sun systems designers and architects.
Table of Contents
1. Cluster and Complex System Design Issues.
2. Enterprise Cluster Computing Building Blocks.
3. Sun Cluster 3.0 Architecture.
4. Management Server.
5. Case Study 1-File Server Cluster.
6. Case Study 2-Database Cluster.
A. Sun Cluster 3.0 Design Checklists.
B. Sun Cluster Technology History and Perspective.
C. Data Center Guidelines.
Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Glossary.