GTK+ Programming in C (Paperback)
$1,050The Moment It Clicks: Photography secrets from one of the world's top shooters
The ultimate guide to building graphical Linux(r)/UNIX(r) applications with Gtk+ 1.2!
- Write great graphical applications for Linux(r) and UNIX(r)!
- Leverage the full power of Gtk+ 1.2, GLIB, and GDK
- Includes comprehensive Gtk+ widget coverage: explanations, examples, and reference
- Also contains Linux/UNIX C programming quick-start/refresher
The more popular Linux becomes, the more developers want to build graphical applications that run in Linux/UNIX environments-and Gtk+ 1.2 offers a powerful toolset for doing so. In this start-to-finish tutorial and reference, respected Linux/UNIX developer Syd Logan covers everything programmers need to begin building powerful graphical applications with Gtk+ 1.2 immediately. Gtk+ Programming in C covers all this, and more:
- The fundamentals of Linux/UNIX programming with C
- A quick GTK+ startup section for novices: constructing simple applications, step by step
- Understanding GTK+'s flexible C-based, object-oriented architecture
- Working with signals, events, objects, and types
- Comprehensive widgets coverage: base, menu, layout, range, scrollbar, scale, container, text, and more
- Creating and using dialogs
- Container and Bin classes
- Expert introductions to the GLIB and GDK libraries
If you're ready to write easy-to-use applications for the world's fastest growing, most robust OS platforms, you've come to the right book: Gtk+ Programming in C, by Syd Logan.
1. Gtk+ in Context.
2. Hello Gtk+!
3. Signals, Events, Objects, and Types.
5. Labels and Buttons.
7. Windows and Dialogs.
8. Separators, Arrows, Images, Pixmaps, and Entry Widgets.
10. Container and Bin Classes.
11. More Container Classes.
13. Range Widgets and Adjustment Objects.
14. Text and SpinButton Widgets.
15. Miscellaneous Widgets.
Appendix: Gtk+ 1.2 Widget Hierarchy.