Managing Distributed Applications: Troubleshooting a Heterogeneous Environment
- 出版商: Prentice Hall Ptr
- 出版日期: 2000-10-01
- 售價: $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 310
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130177644
- ISBN-13: 9780130177643
Beyond element management: True end-to-end application management!
- Making it all work together! Enterprise application management that works
- Track down problems anywhere: hardware, operating system, network, or application
- Expert troubleshooting templates for common network application failures
- CD-ROM: Advanced network troubleshooting trialware
It's no longer enough to manage the elements of a network in isolation: you need to manage your network applications holistically, ensuring that all infrastructure and software works together to maximize performance and availability. In Managing Distributed Applications, Mike Hicks shows you exactly how to do sostep by step. You'll master fast and practical techniques for troubleshooting everything that can go wrong with today's distributed and client/server applications, including:
- Network communications and mainframe connectivity
- File, print, and directory services
- Security and authentication
- Web and e-commerce systems
- Messaging and groupware systems, and more
Managing Distributed Applications presents detailed graphical flowchart templates and case studies for tracking down connectivity issues, application slowdowns, intermittent performance degradation, and more. If you're responsible for network reliability, availability, or performance, this is the first network troubleshooting book focused on your applications-and your realities.
The accompanying CD-ROM contains network troubleshooting trialware that allows simulation of network faults allowing you to build up your own knowledge, as well as tools that assist in troubleshooting scenarios.