Wireless Network Evolution: 2G to 3G
Vijay K. Garg
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-08-11
- 售價: $1,120
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,064
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 800
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130280771
- ISBN-13: 9780130280770
售價: $199Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Step by Step
貴賓價: $2,343Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques
貴賓價: $960Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach, 5/e
貴賓價: $998Introduction to Data Compression, 2/e
貴賓價: $760E-Business & E-Commerce Infrastructure: Technologies Supporting the E-Business I
貴賓價: $1,140Computer Organization & Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,663Test-Driven Development: By Example (Paperback)
3G networks: architecture, planning, migration, management, and optimization.
- Network architectures, planning, management, and optimization
- 3G air interfaces: UTRA/W-CDMA and cdma2000
- 3G data services: UTRA/W-CDMA, cdma2000, GPRS, and EDGE
- Evolutionary paths for 2G networks
- WLL, WAP, and more
New 3G systems will trigger an explosion in wireless Internet and data applications by delivering far higher data rates than have ever been possible in wireless systems before. In Wireless Network Evolution: 2G to 3G, renowned wireless expert Vijay K. Garg covers key 3G standard and every technical issue associated with planning, management, and optimization of 3G systems. Garg reviews the fundamental principles underlying existing 2G systems, then offers specific, practical guidance on migration to 3G. Coverage includes:
- 3G standards activities
- 3G European and North American systems
- 3G data services for UTRA/W-CDMA, cdma2000, GPRS, and EDGE networks
- Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) and 3G systems
- Major 3G enhancements for WLL applications
- New RF optimization techniques for 3G systems
Wireless Network Evolution: 2G to 3G will be an invaluable resource for every practicing telecommunications engineer and technical decision maker involved in 3G planning, deployment, or management.
Table of Contents
I. FUNDAMENTALS OF CDMA AND ITS APPLICATIONS TO 2G SYSTEMS.
2. Propagation and Path Loss Models.
3. Direct-Sequence Spread-Spectrum (DSSS) and TIA IS-95 CDMA.
4. Speech and Channel Coding, Spreading Codes, and Modulation.
5. Physical and Logical Channels of IS-95.
6. CDMA IS-95 Call Processing.
7. Diversity, Combining, and Antennas.
8. Soft Handoff and Power Control in CDMA.
9. Access and Paging Channel Capacity.
10. Reverse (Up) and Forward (Down) Link Capacity of a CDMA System.
II. EVOLUTION OF 2G SYSTEMS TO 3G SYSTEMS.
12. Evolution of TDMA-Based 2G Systems to 3G Systems.
13. cdma2000 System.
14. Third-Generation European Standards.
15. Wireless Data in CDMA.
III. WIRELESS NETWORKS.
17. Wireless Application Protocol, Bluetooth, and Wireless Local Area Network.
18. Planning of a CDMA System.
19. CDMA RF Optimization.
20. Network and Services Management.
Appendix A: Traffic Tables.
Appendix B: List of Acronyms.