Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Prevention, Detection and Recovery
貴賓價: $970Introduction to Algorithms, 2/e
貴賓價: $998Fundamentals of Data Structures in C++
貴賓價: $1,773Linux System Security: The Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools
售價: $299Incident Response: A Strategic Guide to Handling System and Network Security Bre
售價: $399Linux System Security, 2/e
售價: $875Real World Linux Security, 2/e
售價: $199Perl for System Administration (Paperback)
貴賓價: $665Information Warfare and Security
售價: $99Information Warfare: How to Survive Cyber Attacks
售價: $990CCNA Certification Library (CCNA Self-Study, exam #640-801), 6/e
售價: $399SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 Study Guide (Exam 310-055)
"You have in your hands a book I've been waiting to read for years-a practical, hands-on guide to hardening your Linux system."
From the foreword by Eric S. Raymond
- Secure your system, detect an attack, track the cracker, and recover quickly
- Learn the gory details of securing Web servers and Sendmail
- Explore e-commerce issues, Trojan Horses, GPG and more
- Step-by-step guide to installing and using key security tools
"A comprehensive guide to system security-covers everything from hardening a system to system-recovery after an attack. "
Steve Bourne, Creator of the Bourne Shell
Your enemy is comingare you ready?
It's not a question of "if" but "when." Will you be ready to protect your system when a cracker comes to call? Real World Linux Security goes beyond the books that merely detail system vulnerabilities; it offers system administrators practical solutions for safeguarding Linux systems and actively responding to break-in attempts. Veteran Bob Toxen shows you how to know your enemies and stop them at the front gate, before they can damage your system.
The hands-on guide to protecting your Linux dataand yourself
- 7 "deadly sins of Linux security"
- Set up effective firewalls
- Break-in case studies
- Develop internal security policies
- Block spam
- Recover quickly from an intrusion
About the CD-ROM
The accompanying CD contains original software that locks out crackers and alerts system administrators. In addition, it includes programs that monitor system health and report suspicious activities, detect network sniffers, and speed backup and recovery.
About the Author
Bob Toxen has 26 years of UNIX/Linux experience, and is one of the 168 recognized developers of Berkeley UNIX. He learned about security as a student at UC Berkeley, when he played for "the other team," successfully cracking several of the original UNIX systems there. He is president of Fly-By-Day Consulting, specializing in Linux security, client/server creation, system administration, porting, and C programming.
- Kurt Seifried, Sr. Analyst, SecurityPortal
- Dr. Indira Moyer, Consultant
- Larry Gee, Architect, ApplianceWare
- Michael Warfield, Sr. Wizard X-Force, Internet Security Systems
- Stephen Friedl, Consultant
- Mike O'Shaughnessy, Quarry Technologies