A Manager's Guide to Database Technology, A: Building and Purchasing Better
Michael R. Blaha
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2000-10-23
- 定價: USD $64.40
- 售價: $1,100
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,078
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 260
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130304182
- ISBN-13: 9780130304186
This easy-to-follow introduction is designed to help professionals better understand how to use database system technology. The author provides a highly accessible introduction to the paradigms, principles, and applications of databases. This book explains strategic issues in a non-technical manner that is accessible to business decision-makers of all levels of experience and will help them avoid damaging mistakes.
- Focus is on strategies instead of on fine details.
- Provides readers with an accessible presentation of technology so they can easily grasp key ideas.
- Integrates real-life anecdotes.
- Presents material grounded in reality so professionals can readily use the information.
- Coverage of both newly developed applications and purchased software.
- Prepares readers for selecting and using these different types of applications
- Discusses both operational applications (transaction-oriented) and analytical applications (data warehouses).
- Provides readers with a useful comparison of both technologies.
- Specific recommendations denoted by icons.
- Offers professionals clear advice for how to improve their use of database systems.
- Abundant tables, figures, and bullet lists.
- Provides visual reinforcement of material.