Multimedia Communication Systems: Techniques, Standards, and Networks
K. R. Rao, Zoran S. Bojkovic, Dragorad A. Milovanovic
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-05-06
- 售價: $1,060
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,007
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 576
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 013031398X
- ISBN-13: 9780130313980
貴賓價: $1,140Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human-Computer Interaction, 4/e (IE)
售價: $399J2ME Game Programming
貴賓價: $998Introduction to Data Compression, 2/e
貴賓價: $912Image and Video Compression Standards: Algorithms and Architectures, 2/e (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,093Video Processing and Communications
貴賓價: $1,283Multimedia Communications: Applications, Networks, Protocols, and Standards (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $2,670Wireless and Mobile Network Architectures
貴賓價: $279Metasploit 滲透測試手冊 (Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook)
貴賓價: $912High Performance Memory Testing: Design Principles, Fault Modeling and Self-Test
Networked multimedia communications: theory, principles, practical techniques, and examples.
- Networked multimedia: theory, principles, techniques, standards, and examples
- Audio-visual integration, multimedia processing, organization, storage, and retrieval
- Emerging MPEG standards, including MPEG-4, MPEG-7, and MPEG-21
- New solutions for network/traffic management, service deployment, and QoS
- Contains over 200 illustrations and over 400 references
As networks converge and bandwidth availability increases, networked multimedia communications systems are becoming increasingly powerful and ubiquitous. Multimedia Communication Systems is a comprehensive guide to the theory, principles, and practical techniques associated with implementing these systems. Three of the field's leading researchers review today's key developments in multimedia communications, ranging from the latest multimedia architectures to the implications of Internet2 for advanced multimedia delivery. They cover every aspect of multimedia communications system development, emphasizing emerging standards, advanced processing techniques, and network/traffic management.
- Networked multimedia systems: models and elements
- Audio-visual integration: media integration, lip synchronization, audio-to-visual mapping, and joint audio-video coding
- Multimedia processing, in depth: perceptual coding; transform and audio subband coders; CD audio coding; image and video coding; and watermarking
- Practical techniques for organization, storage, and retrieval —including advanced neural network processing systems
- All current and emerging MPEG standards, including MPEG-4, MPEG-7, and MPEG-21
- New approaches to service deployment and ensuring consistent Quality of Service (QoS)
With over 200 figures, more than 400 references, and an exceptionally wide range of practical examples, this book is a unique resource for every professional working with advanced multimedia technologies.
Table of Contents
List of Acronyms.
1. Multimedia Communications.
2. Audio-Visual Integration.
3. Multimedia Processing in Communications.
4. Distributed Multimedia Systems.
5. Multimedia Communication Standards.
6. Multimedia Communications Across Networks.
About the Authors.