JINI Technology: An Overview
S. Ilango Kumaran, Ilango Kumaran
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-11-15
- 定價: $1,230
- 售價: 2.4 折 $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 384
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130333859
- ISBN-13: 9780130333858
$299Java and XML (Paperback)
$99Special Edition Using Java Server Pages (JSP) and Servlets (Paperback)
$299The Jini Specifications, 2/e (Paperback)
$399Core Jini, 2/e (Paperback)
$399Program Generators with Java and XML
$299Jini Example By Example (Paperback)
$199Cisco CCNA Exam #640-607 Certification Guide, 3/e
$299Java Enterprise in a Nutshell, 2/e
$199J2EE and JAX: Developing Web Applications and Web Services (Paperback)
$399Applied Software Engineering Using Apache Jakarta Commons (Paperback)
$299Google, Amazon, and Beyond: Creating and Consuming Web Services
- Jini technology for decision-makers
- Concepts, applications, advantages, and limitations
- Solutions for device and enterprise connectivity
The complete briefing on Jini technology!
With Sun's Jini architecture, virtually any type of service (software component and device) can interact—without worrying about complex protocols, messaging, drivers, operating systems, or cabling. Finally, there's a complete briefing for decision-makers who want to know what it can do for them now—and what it will do for them tomorrow. In Jini Technology: An Overview, Ilango Kumaran covers everything professionals need to know about Jini technology—its goals, applications, advantages, limitations, how it works, and where it's headed next. Kumaran covers all this, and more:
- What Jini technology is—and what it isn't
- How Jini technology systems work
- Integrating Jini technology with other enterprise and distributed technologies such as J2EE/EJB, .NET/COM, CORBA, and DCOM
- Jini technology versus competing and overlapping technologies such as UPnP, eSpeak, JetSend, Chai, CoolTown, and other UDDI/HTTP/SOAP-based Web service technologies
- Jini technology as a solution for pervasive and ubiquitous computing
- The state of industry support for Jini technology
Whether you're an executive, architect, strategist, or investor, Jini Technology: An Overview will help you intelligently evaluate Jini technology—and leverage it for maximum competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
1. Jini: An Overview.
2. Architecture Overview.
3. Architectural Infrastructure Components.
4. Architectural Programming Model Components.
5. Architectural Service Components.
6. Jini at Work: Putting It Together.
7. Jini: A Service Network.
8. Jini and Other Java Technologies.
9. Jini and Other Distributed Technologies.
10. Jini and Other Competing Technologies.
11. Looking into the Future: Next-Generation Distributed Computing and Jini.
12. Adopting Jini in Your Organization.