Embedded Software Development with eCos
Anthony J. Massa
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-12-05
- 定價: USD $49.99
- 售價: $1,400
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 399
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130354732
- ISBN-13: 9780130354730
貴賓價: $1,944Real-Time Concepts for Embedded Systems (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,064MicroC OS II: The Real Time Kernel, 2/e (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,931Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,872Embedded Systems Firmware Demystified (With CD-ROM)
貴賓價: $1,849See MIPS Run
售價: $2,780Embedded Systems Building Blocks: Complete and Ready-to-Use Modules in C, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,781Real-Time Embedded Multithreading: Using ThreadX and ARM
售價: $2,300Embedded Multitasking
貴賓價: $1,080Hardware/Firmware Interface Design: Best Practices for Improving Embedded Systems Development (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,470IPTV Security: Protecting High-Value Digital Contents(Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,378FPGA-based Implementation of Signal Processing Systems (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,188Fundamentals of Power Electronics, 2/e (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,419Red Hat Linux 7.3 Bible
貴賓價: $2,079Embedded Systems Design: An Introduction to Processes, Tools and Techniques
- How to build low-cost, royalty-free embedded solutions with eCos
- Covers eCos architecture, installation, configuration, coding, debugging, bootstrapping, porting, and more
- Incorporates additional open source software components to extend the features and functionality of eCos, meeting the requirements of a wide range of embedded systems
- Includes open source tools for a complete embedded software development environment with eCos as the core
- Contains extensive code examples and complete application case study
Foreword by Michael Tiemann, CTO, Red Hat Software and Co-founder of Cygnus Solutions
"Anthony's book is easily the most complete treatment of eCos system development. I believe it is destined to become part of every eCos developer's library."
—Michael Tiemann, CTO, Red Hat Software and Co-founder of Cygnus Solutions
Build low-cost, royalty-free embedded solutions with eCos—step by step.
The Embedded Configurable Operating System (eCos) gives professionals a low-cost, royalty-free embedded software development solution that works in highly constrained hardware environments, while scaling smoothly to larger products. In this start-to-finish guide to eCos solution building, Anthony Massa covers eCos architecture, installation, configuration, coding, deployment, and the entire eCos open source development system. Additional open source tools are included to configure a complete embedded software development environment. Massa's code examples and application case study illuminate techniques for building virtually any embedded system, from the simplest device to complex Internet-enabled wireless systems. Coverage includes:
- Understanding eCos architecture: kernel, hardware abstraction layer, and other components
- Preparing your eCos embedded development environment
- Incorporating additional open source tools for a complete embedded software development environment
- Working with exceptions, interrupts, and virtual vectors
- Managing threads and synchronization
- Utilizing the eCos networking stack, I/O system, and file system
- Covering additional eCos functionality, including third-party open source contributions
- Using RedBoot, the standardized embedded debug and bootstrap solution
- Porting eCos to new hardware platforms
The accompanying CD-ROM contains the complete eCos development environment, along with all the code presented in this book.
1. An Introduction to the eCos World.
2. The Hardware Abstraction Layer.
3. Exceptions and Interrupts.
4. Virtual Vectors.
5. The Kernel.
6. Threads and Synchronization Mechanisms.
7. Other eCos Architecture Components.
8. Additional Functionality and Third-Party Contributions.
9. The RedBoot ROM Monitor.
10. The Host Development Platform.
11. The eCos Toolset.
12. An Example Application Using eCos.
13. Porting eCos.
Appendix A. Supported Processors and Evaluation Platforms.
Appendix B. eCos License.
Appendix C. Cygwin Tools Upgrade Procedure.
Appendix D. Building the GNU Cross-Development Tools.
About the Author.
About the CD-ROM.