Web Development with Oracle Portals
$299Oracle Database 10g: A Beginner's Guide (Paperback)
The authoritative guide to Web development with Oracle Portal.
- The authoritative guide to Oracle Portal 3.0!
- Complete lifecycle coverage: planning, development, deployment, and administration
- Installation, tuning, and troubleshooting O9iAS/Portal on Windows and Unix
- Building Portlets, PL/SQL and Java providers, even advanced PDK programming
- Integrating Forms, Reports, interMedia Text, LDAP OiD, Dynamic Services, and supporting SSL in Oracle9iAS Portal
- Includes the complete export of the demo application and the source code on CD-ROM. The book demo application is live on the Web.
This is the first complete guide to building Web applications with Oracle Portal 3.0 for Windows NT/2000 and Linux. Oracle Portal specialist Mohamed El-Mallah covers the entire development lifecycle, from product installation through configuration, capacity planning, development, integration, deployment, and administration. Through a start-to-finish case study, El-Mallah introduces every key concept and technique Oracle Web developers and Oracle9i Application Server administrators need to master, including:
- Why you need a portal—and how Oracle Portal helps you build one
- Oracle9iAS/Portal architecture and installation on Windows 2000 and UNIX
- Building application components and content areas
- Publishing portlets and building Portal pages
- Creating effective portal navigation and user interfaces
- Utilizing PL/SQL, Java Servlets, JSP, and XML in building database and web providers
- Understanding the Oracle Portal's security model
- Using O9iAS/Portal administration and migration tools
- Advanced Portlet programming with the Portal Development Kit (PDK)
- Integrating Oracle forms, Oracle reports, and interMedia Text in Oracle Portal
- Installation and development FAQs
You'll find this book invaluable whether you're a beginning Oracle developer; upgrading from WebDB; an experienced Oracle Portal developer seeking to master version 3.0's powerful new features; or an Oracle DBA responsible for configuring, tuning, or managing your Oracle 9i Application Server/Portal.CD-ROM INCLUDED
The accompanying CD-ROM contains the demo application export and source code.
Table of Contents
I. GETTING STARTED.
1. Introduction to Portals.
2. Installing Oracle9i Application Server and Configuring Oracle Portal on Microsoft Windows NT/2000.
3. Building Your First Portal.
4. Oracle Portal Navigator.
II. BUILDING APPLICATION COMPONENTS AND CONTENT AREAS.
5. Forms and Reports.
6. Charts, Calendars, Dynamic Pages, Hierarchies, Menus, and Frame Drivers.
7. Links, List of Values, and Shared Components.
8. Introduction to Content Areas.
9. Content Area Administration.
III. ADVANCED FEATURES OF ORACLE PORTAL.
10. Event Handling.
11. Advanced Page Customization.
12. Security in Oracle Portal.
13. Building PL/SQL Database Providers.
14. Advanced Portlet Programming.
15. Portal Development Kit and Web Providers.
16. Integrating Oracle Products into Oracle9iAS Portal.
IV. ORACLE PORTAL FOR THE DBA.
17. Installing Oracle9iAS and Configuring Oracle Portal on Unix.
18. Oracle Portal Administration and Migration.
19. Scaling and Tuning Oracle9iAS Portal.
V. ORACLE9I APPLICATION SERVER/PORTAL FAQS AND TROUBLESHOOTING.
20. Installation and Configuration.
Appendix A: Oracle Portal Glossary.
Appendix B: Importing the CD-ROM Portal Application, Content Area, and Page.