The Essential Guide to Computer Hardware
- 出版商: Prentice Hall PTR
- 出版日期: 2001-08-02
- 定價: USD $34.99
- 售價: $1,156
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,098
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 464
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130620130
- ISBN-13: 9780130620132
The easy, 100% non-technical introduction to computers and networks!
Don't understand computers? Or Palms, or wireless phones, or digital cameras, or all those other new technologies? You're not alone! Here's your solution: Jim Keogh's easy, math-free, up-to-the-minute introduction to computers and communications. Jim Keogh starts with the elementary school science you need to understand how computers and networks work. From there, you'll follow a clear, easy path to understanding all of today's most important new computer and network technologies—and tomorrow's!
- How we got here: a brief, easy history of computer hardware
- A tour of the inside of your PC
- Computer hardware components: processors, memory, storage, and more
- Printers: how they work, and which one's right for you
- Connecting to modems and the Internet
- Input: from mice and keyboards to graphics tablets and speech recognition
- All you need to know about audio: sound cards, speakers, headphones, and more
- Capturing images: digital cameras, Webcams, digital video, and scanners
- Wireless: cell phones, messaging, PDAs, and notebook PC solutions
- The computer and Internet business: movers and shakers
- What's on the horizon: tomorrow's technologies, tomorrow's players
Whether you need to use technology, buy technology, manage technology, or simply understand technology, The Essential Guide to Computer Hardware is your perfect quick-start briefing!
Table of Contents
I. TECHNOLOGICAL FUNDAMENTALS.
1. A Look Back.
2. An Inside Look at How a Computer Works.
II. COMPUTER HARDWARE COMPONENTS.
3. Motherboards, Memory, and Processors.
4. Monitors and Video Cards.
5. Storage Devices.
7. Modems and Networking.
8. Input Devices.
9. Audio Devices.
10. Digital Cameras and Scanners.
11. Wireless and Mobile Devices.
III. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW.
12. Computer Hardware: The Industry.
13. Computer Hardware: The Future of the Industry.
14. Computer Hardware: Profiles of the Major Players.