- 出版商: Pearson Education
- 出版日期: 2001-12-15
- 定價: USD $24.99
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 368
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130662550
- ISBN-13: 9780130662552
- Everything you need to know to anticipate the next-generation Internet
- The Sensory Virtual Internet: its markets, purposes, uses, and technologies
- Integrating human interfaces, infrastructure, and collaborative software to deliver breakthrough sensory virtual experiences
The Sensory Virtual Internet: How you can leverage the next-generation Internet.
Today's Internet is about to be transformed into a sensory-rich, virtual universe that will offer extraordinary opportunities for competitive advantage. Few strategists and planners realize how powerful the changes will be—or how rapidly they're coming. In Visualize This, leading technology analyst Joe Clabby brings together every element of the next Internet revolution, offering the first clear view of tomorrow's Sensory Virtual Internet: its technologies, applications, markets, and enormous new investment opportunities.
- How today's virtual worlds are being transformed for effective collaboration and commerce
- A technology roadmap to the Sensory Virtual Internet: how every key obstacle is now being overcome
- Next-generation human interfaces: speech recognition, AI, navigation, manipulation, output, 3D, audio—even touch, scent, and taste
- Near-term breakthroughs in networks, platforms, servers, storage, and architecture—and how IT decision-makers can get ready for them
- Web Services: catalyzing the rapid development of sensory-rich, collaborative applications
- B2B applications for the Sensory Virtual Internet: collaboration, e-Learning, entertainment, and next-generation social-collaborative applications
- Looking into the future: holography, biometric interfaces, and beyond
Whether you're a business strategist, planner, marketer, developer, professional, or investor, Visualize This will open your eyes to revolutionary new possibilities. You'll discover how the Sensory Virtual Internet can bring unprecedented impact to your current interactions with customers, partners, and colleagues. Plus you'll discover how to profit from applications that until now were beyond your wildest imagination.
Table of Contents
I. THE PREMISE.
2. The Opening Argument.
3. Virtual Worlds: Today's State _of the Art.
II. TECHNOLOGY ROADMAP.
III. HUMAN INTERFACES.
7. Receiving Sensory Data from Your Computer.
8. 3D Graphics.
9. Sound, Scent, Touch, and Taste.
11. Personal Computing Devices.
12. Back-End “Peer-to-Peer” Systems.
13. The Role of Data Compression.
V. WEB SERVICE.
VII. WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?