UNIX Shells by Example, 3/e
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-10-24
- 售價: $1,630
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,549
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1020
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 013066538X
- ISBN-13: 9780130665386
Five UNIX shells, three essential utilities, one indispensable resource!
- Learn UNIX shell programming the easy way, using hands-on examples
- Covers all five leading UNIX shells-C, Bourne, Korn, bash, and tcsh
- By best-selling author Ellie Quigley, Silicon Valley's top UNIX instructor
The best-selling UNIX Shells by Example continues to be the only book you need to learn UNIX shell programming. UNIX Shells by Example, Third Edition adds thorough coverage of the new bash and tcsh shells to the full explanations in Quigley's famous treatment of the C, Bourne, and Korn shells and the awk, sed, and grep utilities, making this the most complete UNIX shell programming book available anywhere. Using proven techniques drawn from her acclaimed Silicon Valley UNIX classes, Quigley transforms you into an expert-level shell programmer. You'll learn what the shells are, what they do, and how to program them, as well as how and when to use awk, sed, and grep. Code examples, completely revised and classroom-tested for this edition, explain concepts first-hand and can serve as the basis for your own projects.
- Explains the C, Bourne, Korn, bash, and tcsh shells in one cohesive way-you'll understand which shell to use and why
- Details the essential awk, sed, and grep programming utilities
- Offers proven teaching methods from a top UNIX shell instructor
- Provides source code and data files for all examples on the CD-ROM, so you can experiment with them on your own system
UNIX system administrators, application developers, and power users will turn to this book again and again, both as a vital classroom learning tool and as a favorite reference manual.
About the CD-ROM
Provides source code and data files for all examples in the book!
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to UNIX Shells.
2. The UNIX Toolbox.
3. The grep Family.
4. sed, the Streamlined Editor.
5. The awk Utility: awk as a UNIX Tool.
6. The awk Utility: awk Programming Constructs.
7. The awk Utility: awk Programming.
8. The Interactive Bourne Shell.
9. The C Shell.
10. The Korn Shell.
11. The Interactive bash Shell.
12. Programming with the bash Shell.
13. The Interactive TC Shell.
Appendix A: Useful UNIX Utilities for Shell Programmers.
Appendix B: Comparison of the Shells.
Appendix C: Steps for Using Quoting Correctly.