Designing XML Databases (Paperback)
$299Oracle8 Design Using UML Objoct Modeling (Paperback)
$199XML Development with Java 2
$788C++ : A Dialog: Programming with the C++ Standard Library (Paperback)
$299Using XML with Legacy Business Applications (Paperback)
$612Beginning Java 5 Game Programming (Paperback)
- Comprehensive guide to designing Web-enabled databases with XML technology
- Complete conceptual framework that begins with XML
- Integrating XML databases into enterprise systems
- Includes extensive Java(tm), SQL, and XSL example code
- Applies to all leading enterprise databases, including Oracle and IBM DB2
Design powerful XML-based databases for any application!
Designing XML Databases is a comprehensive guide to XML-based database design in Web and enterprise environments. If you already own an XML-enabled database system, you'll discover powerful design techniques for making the most of it. If you're working with a conventional RDBMS, you'll learn better ways to utilize it in XML application development. And if you're constructing an XML-based database from scratch, you'll master a complete conceptual framework, using a start-to-finish case study. Mark Graves covers all this, and more:
- Integrating database design, DBMS system design, and XML application design
- Using object-oriented, relational, and flat-file databases to store XML data
- Expert XML-based data modeling techniques
- XML database queries: practical approaches, JDBC techniques, and mathematical foundations
- Building XSL and Java user interfaces to Web XML databases
- XML database architecture and native indexing
- Integrating XML databases into broader enterprise systems
- XML databases in scientific applications
Designing XML Databases will be an essential resource for all database designers/developers, XML application developers, system architects, and project technical leaders-especially those in environments with highly customized requirements.
Table of Contents
2. Schema Design.
3. Theoretical Foundations.
4. Data Storage.
5. Database System Architecture.
6. Commercial Systems.
7. User Interface.
Appendix A: Java Utilities.
Appendix B: SAX Parser.
Appendix C: XML Schema Part 0: Primer.