Shari Lawrence Pfleeger, Les Hatton, Charles C. Howell
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-07-12
- 售價: $1,629
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 304
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130912980
- ISBN-13: 9780130912985
The practical guide to evaluating and improving the quality of mission-critical software.
Large software systems will never be perfect, but decision makers need better ways to evaluate and enhance software qualityespecially where software is mission critical or used in life-or-death environments. Solid Software presents realistic techniques for analyzing and improving the quality and robustness of any software system or software-intensive product.
Solid Software isn't theoretical: it's a relentlessly practical decision maker's guide to making intelligent, responsible trade-offs that lead to the best software at the best cost.
- Understand what levels of quality are reasonable to expect at every stage of the software life cycle, including development, deployment, and maintenance
- Discover the key "design leverage points" that lead to robust software
- Learn sophisticated new ways to predict software quality and assess systems in production
- Make the most of hazard analysis, testing, design analysis, reviews, static code analysis, and other techniques
- Choose the best toolsand use them more effectively
Solid Software draws upon dozens of real-world examples, based on the authors' extensive experience as software quality consultants, and interviews with key software decision makers worldwide. Whether you're a developer, project manager, architect, executive, manager, or regulator, it's your single source for improving software qualityin the real world.