Othmar Kyas, Gregan Crawford
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-05-26
- 售價: $2,100
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,995
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 544
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130936014
- ISBN-13: 9780130936011
貴賓價: $1,881Connection-oriented Networks: SONET/SDH, ATM, MPLS and Optical Networks (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $950PCI System Architecture, 4/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,330Writing CGI Applications with Perl
貴賓價: $2,556MPLS and VPN Architectures, Vol. 2 (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,948Software Configuration Management Strategies and IBM Rational ClearCase: A Practical Introduction, 2/e
售價: $399ATM Theory and Applications (Paperback)
The complete, up-to-date ATM guide for every network planner, designer, implementer, and manager.
- ATM network planning, design, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, and security
- New standards, including Loop Emulation Service over AAL-2 and frame-based ATM
- Test and selection criteria for ATM network components and cable infrastructure
- ATM network operation, including traffic control, performance parameters, and testing
- Detailed coverage of ATM security standards and techniques
Despite the arrival of Packet over SONET/SDH, one technology is at the heart of today's most important broadband and wireless networks: ATM. ATM Networks combines a complete and authoritative description of ATM standards with practical solutions for the key challenges facing ATM network implementers and managers. Clear, concise, and fully up to date, it covers every element and variant of current ATM networks, offering specific best practices for design, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, and security. Coverage includes:
- How ATM evolved to become the world's universal platform for networked communications
- Up-to-the-minute standards coverage, including ATM over Plastic Optical Fiber, Loop Emulation Service over AAL-2, frame-based ATM, and secure ATM
- ATM network planning, design, and migration techniques
- Test and selection criteria for ATM network components
- In-depth coverage of security and cable infrastructure issues
- ATM network operation: traffic control mechanisms, performance parameters, and test methods
Key information is included for network designers, implementers, and managers, including ATM UNI and NNI signaling protocol messages and information elements, parameters and limitations for high speed cabling systems, and ATM Forum contact information.
Table of Contents
I. ATM: AN INTRODUCTION.
1. Demands on Today's Data Communications Technologies.
2. Communication Technologies for High-Speed Networks.
3. ATM: Technology for Converged, QoS-Based Networks.
II. ATM: TECHNOLOGY AND STANDARDS.
4. Asynchronous Transfer Mode.
5. The Structure of ATM.
6. ATM: The Physical Layer.
7. The ATM Protocol: The ATM Layer.
8. The ATM Protocol: The ATM Adaptation Layer.
9. Frame-Based ATM.
10. The ATM Protocol: UNI Signaling.
11. The ATM Protocol: NNI Signaling (B-ISUP, PNNI, AINI).
12. ATM Interworking.
13. ATM Network Management.
III. ATM NETWORKS: DESIGN AND PLANNING.
14. Designing and Planning ATM Networks.
15. Testing and Choosing Network Components.
16. Security in ATM Networks.
IV. ATM NETWORKS: ANALYSIS AND OPERATION.
17. ATM Switches.
18. Traffic and Congestion Control in ATM Networks.
19. Performance and Operating Parameters of ATM Networks.
20. ATM Testing Methods.
21. ATM: Standards and Organizations.