The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop, 2/e (Paperback)
Shooting in the raw format gives digital photographers complete control over every aspect of image quality. The Digital Negative is devoted exclusively to the topic and shows you how to make the most of that control to extract the best-possible raw rendering of your digital negatives and to use Photoshop to achieve the highest quality in your images. In this update of his best-selling book, renowned photographer and author Jeff Schewe outlines a foolproof process for working with these digital negatives and presents his real-world expertise on optimizing raw images. You’ll learn hands-on techniques for exposing and shooting for raw image capture and developing a raw processing workflow, as well as Photoshop techniques for perfecting the master image, converting color to black and white, and processing for panoramic and HDR images. This second edition covers all the major updates and new features in Camera Raw, Lightroom, and Photoshop, such as GPU acceleration, Radial Filters, Pano Merge, and more.
- Get the best tone and color from your digital negatives.
- Use Lightroom and Camera Raw sharpening controls to maximize image quality.
- Produce stunning black and white images.
- Learn how to remove people from photos in Photoshop using Smart Objects and Layer Blending.
- Use HDR in Camera Raw and Lightroom.
- And much more!
Visit the book’s companion website at TheDigitalNegativeBook.com for sample images and more.