Applications of CDMA in Wireless/Personal Communication
Vijay K. Garg, Kenneth Smolik, Joseph E. Wilkes
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 1996-10-25
- 售價: $900
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $855
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 416
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0135721571
- ISBN-13: 9780135721575
The complete guide to CDMA and to its breakthrough digital cellular and PCS applications.
In the United States, Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) is expected to become the most widely-deployed technology for the new generation of wireless Personal Communications Systems (PCS). In this book, leading CDMA experts from Lucent Technologies' Bell Laboratories and from Bellcore present a complete engineer's guide to CDMA and its applications.
The book provides background on spread spectrum technologies, and then offers an in-depth technical explanation of how CDMA implements spread spectrum techniques. The CDMA architecture and protocols are covered in detail, including:
- The CDMA air interface (TIA IS-95A call processing model, service configuration, negotiation, and registration)
- Mobile Switching Centers (MSCs)
- How CDMA maps to the 7-layer OSI reference model
The book includes thorough guidance for engineers about how to design CDMA systems for optimal RF coverage. It provides CDMA indoor and outdoor propagation models, CDMA link budgets, guidelines for transitioning from analog to CDMA, facilities engineering information, radio link capacity, and techniques for handling "border cells" near inter-vendor boundaries. An extensive case study is also included, presenting the design of a real-world CDMA system.
The book shows how CDMA networks are operated and maintained, focusing on aspects of the telecommunications Network Management (TMN) architecture that lend themselves to management of PCS networks. Finally, it describes future directions for CDMA and PCS networks, including wireless intelligent networks, Over-the-Air Service Provisioning, improved speech coding, and CDMA-based digital data.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Code-Division Multiple Access Technology.
2. Spread Spectrum Systems.
3. CDMA Standards.
4. System Architecture for Wireless Communications.
5. Physical Layer of CDMA.
6. Network and Data Link Layers of CDMA.
7. Signaling Applications in the CDMA System.
8. Voice Applications in the CDMA System.
9. RF Engineering and Facilities Engineering.
10. Wireless Data.
11. Management of CDMA Networks.
12. Interconnection Between Systems.
13. Evolution of CDMA Technology for Wireless Communications.
A. Traffic Tables.
B. List of Abbreviations and Acronyms.