Fiber-Optic Communications Technology
Djafar K. Mynbaev, Lowell L. Scheiner
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2000-10-23
- 售價: $1,150
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,127
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 750
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0139620699
- ISBN-13: 9780139620690
For junior/senior-level courses in Fiber-Optic Communications.
Embodying the dynamic nature of fiber-optic communications, this practical introduction takes a broad, up-to-date look at the industry, and fully prepares students for their future work in the field by providing a solid foundation in the basics with plenty of examples, graphical presentations, and solutions to problems that are similar to those found in the actual workplace. Enabling students to follow either a beginning or more advanced course of study for each chapter topic, it integrates many practical applications, presents the newest technological innovations in fibers, systems and networks, integrates pictures of commercially available devices and equipment throughout, and guides students step-by-step to a clear understanding of commercial data sheets they'll be working with professionally.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Telecommunications and Fiber Optics.
2. Physics of Light: A Brief Overview.
3. Optical Fibers—Basics.
4. Optical Fibers—A Deeper Look.
5. Singlemode Fibers—Basics.
6. Singlemode Fibers—A Deeper Look.
7. Fabrication, Cabling, and Installation.
8. Fiber-Cable Connectorization and Testing.
9. Light Sources and Transmitters—Basics.
10. Light Sources and Transmitters—A Deeper Look.
12. Components of Fiber-Optic Networks.
13. Passive Components, Switches, and Functional Modules of Fiber-Optic Networks.
14. An Introduction to Fiber-Optic Networks.
Appendix A: List of Constants, Powers of Ten, International System of Units, Decibel Units, and the Greek Alphabet.
Appendix B: Acronyms, Abbreviations, Symbols, and Units Used in This Book.
Appendix C: A Selected Bibliography.
Appendix D: Products, Services, and Standards.