Analysis of Transport Phenomena (Paperback)
William M. Deen
- 出版商: Oxford University
- 出版日期: 2012-07-27
- 售價: $1,600
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,520
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 624
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0199740259
- ISBN-13: 9780199740253
Explains classical methods and results, preparing students both for engineering practice and for more advanced study or research.
• Comprehensive treatment that presents a unified discussion of the three main areas of transport phenomena.
• Emphasizes concepts and analytical techniques that apply to all transport processes.
• Covers everything from heat and mass transfer in stationary media to fluid mechanics, free convection, and turbulence.
• Improved organization, including the establishment of a more integrative approach.
• Mathematical techniques will be introduced more gradually to provide students with a better foundation for more complicated topics discussed in later chapters.
• 25% new examples and exercises, reflecting shifts in chemical engineering such as the increasing prominence of biological applications, the growing array of microsystem technologies, and the intense interests in membranes, thin films, and interfacial phenomena.
• Covers more material than Leal's book, and has more real-world examples than Bird, Stewart, and Lightfoot.
• New Appendix B "Ordinary Differential Equations and Special Functions" provides a concise review of how to solve the differential equations most commonly encountered in transport problems.
New to This Edition
• Based largely on teaching experience with the first edition, the entire text has been reviewed in detail, and innumerable minor revisions made to improve clarity.
• There is a larger set of introductory examples (Chapter 3).
• The presentation of similarity and perturbation methods is now a separate chapter (Chapter 4). Approximate integral solutions are no longer discussed here, but are still illustrated later in entrance-region and boundary-layer examples.
• A new chapter is devoted to transport in electrolyte solutions (Chapter 15).
• The solution of ordinary differential equations is reviewed in a new appendix (Appendix B), which also summarizes the properties of commonly encountered special functions.
• Overall, there are approximately 40 new worked examples in the text and 80 new end-of-chapter problems.
Analysis of Transport Phenomena, Second Edition, provides a unified treatment of momentum, heat, and mass transfer, emphasizing the concepts and analytical techniques that apply to these transport processes.
The second edition has been revised to reinforce the progression from simple to complex topics and to better introduce the applied mathematics that is needed both to understand classical results and to model novel systems. A common set of formulation, simplification, and solution methods is applied first to heat or mass transfer in stationary media and then to fluid mechanics, convective heat or mass transfer, and systems involving various kinds of coupled fluxes.
CHAPTER 1. DIFFUSIVE FLUXES AND MATERIAL PROPERTIES
CHAPTER 2. FUNDAMENTALS OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER
CHAPTER 3. FORMULATION AND APPROXIMATION
CHAPTER 4. SOLUTION METHODS BASED ON SCALING CONCEPTS
CHAPTER 5. SOLUTION METHODS FOR LINEAR PROBLEMS
CHAPTER 6. FUNDAMENTALS OF FLUID MECHANICS
CHAPTER 7. UNIDIRECTIONAL AND NEARLY UNIDIRECTIONAL FLOW
CHAPTER 8. CREEPING FLOW
CHAPTER 9. LAMINAR FLOW AT HIGH REYNOLDS NUMBER
CHAPTER 10. FORCED-CONVECTION HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER IN CONFINED LAMINAR FLOWS
CHAPTER 11. FORCED-CONVECTION HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER IN UNCONFINED LAMINAR FLOWS
CHAPTER 12. TRANSPORT IN BUOYANCY-DRIVEN FLOW
CHAPTER 13. TRANSPORT IN TURBULENT FLOW
CHAPTER 14. SIMULTANEOUS ENERGY AND MASS TRANSFER AND MULTICOMPONENT SYSTEMS