Distributed Systems: Concepts and Design, 3/e
G Coulouris, Jean Dollimore, Tim Kindberg
- 出版商: Addison Wesley
- 出版日期: 2000-08-21
- 售價: $1,130
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,107
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 800
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0201619180
- ISBN-13: 9780201619188
This new edition represents a significant update of the best-selling textbook for the distributed systems course, incorporating and anticipating the major developments in distributed systems technology. All chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated, including emphasis on the Internet, intranets, and middleware. New material includes coverage of large-scale applications, fault modeling and fault tolerance, models of system execution, object orientation, and distributed multimedia systems. Discussion of security has also been brought forward in the text and integrated with other related technologies.
- Java and CORBA are used as the basis for most examples.
- Includes a new chapter on distributed multimedia systems.
- Provides new material on current network technologies such as IPv6, Mobile IP, and active and wireless networks.
- Features expanded coverage of the Internet, intranets, and middleware.
- UNIX knowledge no longer required as in previous editions.
(Each Chapter concludes with a Summary.)
1. Characterization of Distributed Systems.
Examples of Distributed Systems.
Resource Sharing and the Web.
2. System Models.
3. Networking and Internetworking.
Types of Network.
Network Case Studies: Ethernet, Wireless LAN and ATM.
4. Interprocess Communication.
The APIs for the Internet Protocols.
External Data Representation and Marshalling.
Case Study: Interprocess Communication in UNIX.
5. Distributed Objects and Remote Invocation.
Communication between Distributed Objects.
Remote Procedure Calling.
Events and Notifications.
Java RMI Case Study.
6. Operating System Support.
The Operating System Layer.
Processes and Threads.
Communication and Invocation.
Operating System Architecture.
Overview of Security Techniques.
Case Studies: Needham-Schroeder, Kerberos, SSL, and Millicent.
8. Distributed File Servers.
File Service Architecture.
Sun Network File System.
The Andrew File System.
9. Name Services.
Name Services and the Domain Name System.
Directory and Discovery Services.
Case study of the Global Name Service.
Case study of the X.500 Directory Service.
10. Time and Global States.
Clocks, Events, and Process States.
Synchronizing Physical Clocks.
Logical Time and Logical Clocks.
11. Coordination and Agreement.
Distributed Mutual Exclusion.
Consensus and Related Problems.
12. Transactions and Concurrency Control.
Optimistic Concurrency Control.
Comparison of Methods for Concurrency Control.
13. Distributed Transactions.
Flat and Nested Distributed Transactions.
Atomic Commit Protocols.
Concurrency Control in Distributed Transactions.
System Model and Group Communication.
Fault Tolerant services.
Highly Available services.
Transactions with Replicated Data.
15. Distributed Multimedia Systems.
Characteristics of Multimedia Data.
Quality of Service Management.
Case Study: The Tiger Video File Server.
16. Distributed Shared Memory.
Design and Implementation Issues.
Sequential Consistency and Ivy.
Release Consistency and Munin.
Other Consistency Models.
17. CORBA Case Study.
18. Mach Case Study.
Ports, Naming, and Protection.
Tasks and Threads.