Mastering Data Modeling: A User-Driven Approach
- 出版商: Addison-Wesley Professional
- 出版日期: 2000-11-19
- 售價: $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 408
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 020170045X
- ISBN-13: 9780201700459
Mastering Data Modeling is a complete guide to becoming a successful data modeler. It stresses a requirements-driven approach throughout. It clearly explains fundamental concepts, introduces a user-oriented data modeling notation, and describes a rigorous, step-by-step process for collecting, modeling, and documenting the kinds of data that users need. Numerous exercises help the student master critical skills. In addition, two detailed, annotated sample conversations with users show the process in action.
2. Good Habits.
3. Reading an LDS with Sentences.
4. Vocabulary of LDS.
5. Visualizing Allowed and Disallowed Instances.
6. A Conversation with Users about Creatures and Skills.
7. Introduction to Mastering Shapes.
8. One-Entity, No-Relationship Shapes.
9. One-Attribute Shapes.
10. Two-Entity Shapes.
11. Shapes with More Than Two Entities.
12. Shapes with Reflexive Relationships.
13. LDS Syntax Rules.
14. Getting the Names Right.
15. Official Name.
16. Labeling Links.
17. Documenting an LDS.
18. Script for Controlled Evolution.
19. Local, Anytime Steps of Controlled Evolution.
20. Global, Anytime Steps of Controlled Evolution.
21. Conversations about Dairy Farming.
23. LDS for LDS.
24: Decisions: Designing a Data-Modeling Notation.
25. LDS and the Relational Model.
26: Cookbook: Recipes for Data Modelers.
Appendix: Exercises for Mastery.