Java Development on PDAs: Building Applications for Pocket PC and Palm Devices
貴賓價: $2,343Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques
貴賓價: $1,068Software Engineering, 6/e
售價: $299Enterprise J2ME: Developing Mobile Java Applications (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,671Windows 2000 Server Administrator's Bible
售價: $499UDDI, SOAP, and WSDL: The Web Services Specification Reference Book (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,671Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP
貴賓價: $1,802Java 2 Primer Plus (Paperback)
貴賓價: $2,043.NET Framework Security
貴賓價: $1,802Core J2ME Technology & MIDP
This comprehensive tutorial and reference provides an in-depth look at developing PDA software with J2ME and PersonalJava, covering both Palm and PocketPC devices. Succinct and practical, Java™ Development on PDAs focuses on real-world programming tasks with extensive code examples and an end-to-end PDA application demonstrating techniques for integrating devices with the enterprise via Web services.
This book describes the J2ME platform and PersonalJava and discusses design issues specific to resource-constrained devices. It also provides in-depth coverage of networking and Internet access, the user interface, data storage, and integrating PDAs into the corporation.
You will learn to develop Java applications for PocketPC and Palm devices
through in-depth coverage of:
- J2ME configurations
- CLDC and CDC profiles
- Selecting a PDA for development
- PDA development tools
- Designing for constrained computational capability
- Designing for constrained screen and memory size
- PDA user interfaces
- Storing information on the devices
- The Generic Connection Framework
- Internet access from a Java PDA application via a GSM phone and Bluetooth
- Accessing Web services from Palm and PocketPC devices
Java™ Development on PDAs concludes with a look into the future of PDA technology and the expanding role of these devices in the enterprise.
Written for anyone with a basic knowledge of Java, this important resource is a must-have for all those interested in the Palm OS and PocketPC markets.
Table of Contents
1. Java 2, Micro Edition: Configurations, Profiles, and Virtual Machines.
2. Which PDA?
3. Setting Up the Development Environment.
4. Things To Think About When Designing for Small Devices.
5. The User Interface.
6. Storing Information.
8. Integrating with the Enterprise Using Web Services.