Power Electronics : Devices, Circuits, and Applications, 4/e (IE-Paperback)
Muhammad H. Rashid
- 出版商: Pearson FT Press
- 出版日期: 2013-10-01
- 售價: $1,250
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,225
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1024
- ISBN: 0273769081
- ISBN-13: 9780273769088
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
For junior or senior undergraduate students in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
This text covers the basics of emerging areas in power electronics and a broad range of topics such as power switching devices, conversion methods, analysis and techniques, and applications. Its unique approach covers the characteristics of semiconductor devices first, then discusses the applications of these devices for power conversions. Four main applications are included: flexible ac transmissions (FACTs), static switches, power supplies, dc drives, and ac drives.
- State of the art book–Covers emerging topics in power electronics.
- Well-written and easy-to-follow.
Helps students maintain interest in the text.
- Numerous worked-out examples.
Demonstrates for students the applications of conversion techniques in design and analysis of converter circuits.
- State-of-the-art power conversion techniques and power semiconductor devices.
Keeps students abreast of the latest techniques and devices in the field.
- Integration of design techniques and problems.
- Computer-aided design techniques and analysis using PC.
- Integration of industry-standard software tools.
Shows students how to effectively use this important software.
- Chapter-end review questions and problems.
Offers students the opportunity to test their knowledge of concepts learned.
- Numerous important design formulae.
- Review of Three-Phase Circuits, Magnetic Circuits, Switching Functions of Converters, Transient Analysis, and Fourier Analysis.
- An examination of the characteristics of semiconductor devices–Including SCRs, GTOs, BJTs, MOSFETs, SITs, SITHs, IGBTs, MTOs, ETOs, IGCTs, MCTs and Spice device models.
New to this Edition
This fourth edition of Power Electronics is a complete revision of the third edition. The major changes include the following:
- Features bottom-up approach rather than top-down approach - that is, after covering the devices, the converter specifications are introduced before covering the conversion techniques
- Covering the development of silicon-carbide (SiC) devices
- Addition of averaging models of dc-dc converters
- Expanding the state-of-the-art Space Vector Modulation technique
- The chapter on Static Switches has been deleted
- Addition of a new chapter on Introduction to Renewable Energy, and covers the state-of-the-art techniques
- Integrates the gate drive circuits (chapter 17 in the third edition) to the chapters relating to the power devices and converters
- Expanding the control methods for both dc and ac drives
- Added explanations in sections and/or paragraphs throughout the book