Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT Technology and Techniques, 6/e (Hardcover)
Paul E. Christian BS CNMT PET FSNMTS, Kristen M. Waterstram-Rich MS CNMT NCT FSNMTS
- 出版商: Mosby
- 出版日期: 2007-02-16
- 售價: $2,180
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $2,136
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 736
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 032304395X
- ISBN-13: 9780323043953
For more than two decades, this text has succinctly presented the procedures and technologies related to an ever-changing specialty. This 6th edition continues that tradition by providing a general update of all chapters, a new chapter on CT physics and instrumentation, and a revised focus to the increasingly important PET/CT systems. All aspects of nuclear medicine are explored, with a focus on pertinent anatomy and physiology and a discussion of each procedure in relation to the specific use of radiopharmaceuticals and instruments required.
- Foundation chapters cover basic math, statistics, physics instrumentation, computers, lab science, radiochemistry and pharmacology, allowing the user to understand how and why procedures are performed.
- High-profile editors and contributors come from a variety of educational and clinical settings, making this an authoritative and comprehensive resource.
- In-depth procedure discussions provide practical information relevant to clinical practice.
- Accessible writing style and approach to basic science subjects makes topics understandable, progressing from fundamentals to more complex concepts.
- A glossary provides definitions of specialized terminology and all important concepts.
- The focus changes from PET to combined PET/CT, with two chapters covering this topic in detail.
- New CT Physics and Instrumentation chapter provides the fundamentals of PET/CT studies.
- Significantly rewritten chapters include Radiation Safety in Nuclear Medicine, Skeletal System, and Inflammatory/Tumor Imaging and Therapy.
- Color insert is expanded to 8 pages to include clear, full-color PET/CT scans.
- 40 practice problems are included in the chapter on math and statistics, twice as many as before, with answers in the back of the book.
- Reader-friendly features include key terms, chapter outlines, and learning objectives. Suggested readings are also included throughout the book.
- A reference table of radionuclides used in nuclear medicine and PET is added to the appendix.