The Science and Engineering of Materials, Enhanced, 7/e (SI Edition)(Paperback)
Donald R. Askeland , Wendelin J. Wright
- 出版商: Cengage Learning
- 出版日期: 2020-12-21
- 售價: $1,450
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,421
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 896
- ISBN: 0357447883
- ISBN-13: 9780357447888
Ensure that your engineering students understand the relationships between structure, processing and properties of materials with Askeland/Wright's THE SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING OF MATERIALS, ENHANCED, SI, 7th Edition. This updated, comprehensive approach lets you select the topics best for your course, from a general overview to an emphasis on materials, mechanical behavior or physical properties. Complete, current coverage makes this edition a trusted reference for students throughout future coursework. This science-based approach highlights how the structure of materials at various length scales gives rise to materials properties. Students examine how the connection between structure and properties is key to innovating – from synthesis of new materials to new applications of existing materials. Readers also learn how time, loading and environment impact materials -- a key concept often overlooked when using charts and databases to select materials. WebAssign lets you further customize new content to your course needs.
1. Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering.
2. Atomic Structure.
3. Atomic and Ionic Arrangements.
4. Imperfections in the Atomic and Ionic Arrangements.
5. Atom and Ion Movements in Materials
6. Mechanical Properties: Part One.
7. Mechanical Properties: Part Two.
8. Strain Hardening and Annealing.
9. Principles of Solidification.
10. Solid Solutions and Phase Equilibrium.
11. Dispersion Strengthening and Eutectic Phase Diagrams.
12. Dispersion Strengthening by Phase Transformations and Heat Treatment.
13. Heat Treatment of Steels and Cast Irons.
14. Nonferrous Alloys.
15. Ceramic Materials.
17. Composites: Teamwork and Synergy in Materials.
18. Construction Materials.
19. Electronic Materials.
20. Magnetic Materials.
21. Photonic Materials.
22. Thermal Properties of Materials.
23. Corrosion and Wear.
Appendix A: Selected Physical Properties of Materials.
Appendix B: The Atomic and Ionic Radii of Selected Elements.