The Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics: Integrated Platforms and Industry Use Cases
Pethuru Raj , T Poongodi , Balamurugan Balusamy , Manju Khari
This book comprehensively conveys the theoretical and practical aspects of IoT and big data analytics with the solid contributions from practitioners as well as academicians. This book examines and expounds the unique capabilities of the big data analytics platforms in capturing, cleansing and crunching IoT device/sensor data in order to extricate actionable insights. A number of experimental case studies and real-world scenarios are incorporated in this book in order to instigate our book readers. This book
- Analyzes current research and development in the domains of IoT and big data analytics
- Gives an overview of latest trends and transitions happening in the IoT data analytics space
- Illustrates the various platforms, processes, patterns, and practices for simplifying and streamlining IoT data analytics
The Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics: Integrated Platforms and Industry Use Cases examines and accentuates how the multiple challenges at the cusp of IoT and big data can be fully met. The device ecosystem is growing steadily. It is forecast that there will be billions of connected devices in the years to come. When these IoT devices, resource-constrained as well as resource-intensive, interact with one another locally and remotely, the amount of multi-structured data generated, collected, and stored is bound to grow exponentially. Another prominent trend is the integration of IoT devices with cloud-based applications, services, infrastructures, middleware solutions, and databases. This book examines the pioneering technologies and tools emerging and evolving in order to collect, pre-process, store, process and analyze data heaps in order to disentangle actionable insights.
A variety of industry verticals are benefiting from the power of data to produce useful and usable intelligence. This book shows how these industries are embracing IoT-based data analytics platforms and processes to be extremely competitive. This book also examines how the smart application of machine and deep learning algorithms to produce intelligent systems, networks and environments for the ensuing era of knowledge.
Dr. Pethuru Raj Chelliah has been working as the chief architect in the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) division of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. (RJIL), Bangalore, India. He has more than 17 years of IT industry experience and 8 years of research experience.
Dr. T. Poongodi completed a Ph.D. at Anna University, Chennai and currently is working as an Assistant Professor in Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. She has 12 years of teaching experience in the field of computer science. Her area of interest lies in the field of Internet of Things, Big data, Networking. She has published more than 10 international journals and contributed book chapters.
Dr. Balamurugan Balusamy completed a Ph.D at VIT University, Vellore and is currently a Professor in Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. He has 15 years of teaching experience in the field of computer science. Her areas of interest lie in the field of Internet of Things, Big data, networking. He has published more than 100 international journals papers and contributed book chapters.
Dr. Manju Khari completed a Ph.D. at NIT, Patna, and currently working as Assistant Professor in Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research, Delhi. He has 13 years of teaching experience in the field of computer science. His area of interest lies in the field of Internet of Things, Big data, networking. He has published more than 25 international journals papers and contributed book chapters.
1. Taxonomy of Big Data and Analytics Solutions for Internet of Things.
2. Big Data Preparation and Exploration.
3. Emerging IoT-Big Data Platform Oriented Technologies.
4. IoT-Big Data Systems (IoTBDSs) Enabling Technologies Ubiquitous wireless Communication, Real-Time Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Commodity Sensors.
5. Distinctive Attributes of Big Data Platform and Big Data Analytics Software for IoT.
6. Big Data Architecture for IoT.
7. Algorithms for Big Data Delivery over Internet of Things.
8. Big Data Storage Systems for IoT - Perspectives and Challenges.
9. Key Technologies Enabling Big Data Analytics for IoT.
10. Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data: Data Management, Analytics, Visualization and Decision Making.
11. Big Data Programming Models for IoT Data.
12. IoTBDs Applications: Smart Transportation, Smart Healthcare, Smart Grid, Smart Inventory System, Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Retail, Smart Agriculture, Ect.
13. Big Data Management Solutions for IoT:Case Study - Connected Car.