Management and Supervisory Practices for Environmental Professionals: Advanced Competencies, Volume II
Koren, Herman, Anderson, Alma Mary
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2021-02-24
- 售價: $6,470
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $6,147
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 253
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0367647044
- ISBN-13: 9780367647049
Based on the lifelong experiences of two authors as supervisors and teachers, the Fourth Edition of this bestseller provides up-to-date information for newly promoted or management-aspiring professionals and engineers in the fields of environmental health, occupational health and safety, water and wastewater treatment, public health, and many others.
This second volume explains the advanced principles that supervisors need to understand the art of communications, resolving communications problems, and the supervisor/manager's role in teaching, counseling, and managing employee performance and employee health and safety.
In addition to those already practicing professionals in their fields, this book is an excellent resource for students interested in learning management skills prior to entering the workforce.
Features of the Fourth Edition
- Helps to understand and utilize organizational structure to facilitate problem solving
- Offers a practical set of methods, tools, and techniques, all illustrated and easy to understand, for achieving leadership qualities
- Provides concise but essential discussion material for each topic, using the practical art of communications
- Includes thorough updates and many new case problems with answers provided
- Introduces self-testing questions for different situations and practical exercises utilizing an individual's own work experience for answers
Herman Koren, HSD, MPH, DLAAS, REHS, is Professor Emeritus of Health and Safety at Indiana State University. He is a highly experienced practitioner in both rural and urban environmental concerns of the field. Dr. Koren has served with great distinction for the last 65 years in environmental health, safety, protection, and sustainability, and he has been an active Registered Environmental Health Specialist since 1961. His experiences include serving as District Environmental Health Supervisor of a 250,000-person district in Philadelphia and as Chief of Environmental Health and Safety at Philadelphia General Hospital, Pennsylvania, United States. He is an author of 19 published books.
Alma Mary Anderson, CSC, is a professor of graphic design at Indiana State University since earning an MFA at Rochester Institute of Technology in 1987. She has received the Indiana State University's Cable and Mills Teaching Award, the Faculty Distinguished Service Award, and the Presidents Medal. She has been a Sister of the Holy Cross since 1960.