Pile Design and Construction Practice
Tomlinson, Michael, Woodward, John
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2020-09-30
- 售價: $2,760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,622
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 608
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0367659018
- ISBN-13: 9780367659011
Written toEurocode 7 and the UK National Annex
Updated to reflect the current usage of Eurocode 7, along with relevant parts of the British Standards, Pile Design and Construction Practice, Sixth Edition maintains the empirical correlations of the original--combining practical know how with scientific knowledge --and emphasizing relevant principles and applications of soil mechanics and design. Contractors, geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists responsible for designing and constructing piled foundations can find the most current types of pile, piling equipment, and relevant methods in this latest work. The book summarizes recent changes, including new codified design procedures addressing design parameters and partial safety factors. It also presents several examples, many based on actual problems.
Broad and Comprehensive In Its Coverage
- Contains material applicable to modern computational practice
- Provides new sections on the construction of micropiles and CFA piles, pile-soil interaction, verification of pile materials, piling for integral bridge abutments, use of polymer stabilising fluids, and more
- Includes calculations of the resistance of piles to compressive loads, pile groups under compressive loading, piled foundations for resisting uplift and lateral loading, and the structural design of piles and pile groups
- Covers marine structures, durability of piled foundations, ground investigations, and pile testing
- Addresses miscellaneous problems such as machinery foundations, underpinning, mining subsidence areas, geothermal piles, and unexploded ordnance
Pile Design and Construction Practice, Sixth Edition serves as a comprehensive guide for practicing geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists. This text also works as a resource for piling contractors and graduate students studying geotechnical engineering.
The late Michael Tomlinson was a pre-eminent structural, civil and geotechnical engineer in a career spanning over 60 years of contracting, designing and independent consultancy. He served on several British Standards committees and was the first recipient of the Skempton Gold Medal awarded by the British Geotechnical Society.
John Woodward has extensive experience of piling and ground engineering projects in the UK and overseas, recently as a consultant investigating piling and stability failures and as an adjudicator resolving contractual and technical disputes. He is also author of An Introduction to Geotechnical Processes (Taylor and Francis, 2005).