Sound and Recording: Applications and Theory (Audio Engineering Society Presents) (English) 7th 版本
Rumsey, Francis, McCormick, Tim
- 出版商: Focal Press
- 出版日期: 2014-03-05
- 售價: $2,852
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,709
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 655
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0415843375
- ISBN-13: 9780415843379
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
Providing vital reading for audio students and trainee engineers, this guide is ideal for anyone who wants a solid grounding in both theory and industry practices in audio, sound and recording. There are many books on the market covering "how to work it" when it comes to audio equipment--but Sound and Recording isn't one of them. Instead, you'll gain an understanding of "how it works" with this approachable guide to audio systems.
New to this edition:
- Digital audio section revised substantially to include the latest developments in audio networking (e.g. RAVENNA, AES X-192, AVB), high-resolution surround and parametric audio coding, workstation processing technology, mastering for iTunes, and loudness normalization
- Coverage of immersive audio systems such as Dolby Atmos, Auro 3D and WFS along with recent developments in audio object coding
- Sections on digital radio microphones, loudspeaker sensitivity issues and development, and highly directional loudspeaker systems
- Substantial new sections on recent developments in audio network device discovery and control and the Open Control Architecture
Francis Rumsey is Consultant Editor and Technical Writer for the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, and runs his own consultancy company, Logophon Ltd. Until 2009 he was a Professor at the University of Surrey (UK), specialising in audio engineering and psychoacoustics. He is chair of the AES Technical Council, a Fellow of the AES, and a busy organist.
Tim McCormick is a former Deputy Head of sound at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester (UK), has extensive experience in design and manufacture of audio electronics, and has worked at Klark Teknik and with the RSC at Stratford (UK) where he plotted and operated the sound for many shows as well as designing and building audio equipment when the need arose. Also interested in medieval architecture, The Cathedrals, Abbeys and Priories of Wales was published on 2010.