Handbook of Power System Engineering
- 出版商: Wiley
- 定價: $5,440
- 售價: 9.3 折 $5,068
- 貴賓價: 8.9 折 $4,815
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 574
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0470027428
- ISBN-13: 9780470027424
Maintaining the reliable and efficient generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power is of the utmost importance in a world where electricity is the inevitable means of energy acquisition, transportation, and utilization, and the principle mode of communicating media. Our modern society is entirely dependent on electricity, so problems involving the continuous delivery of power can lead to the disruption and breakdown of vital economic and social infrastructures.
This book brings together comprehensive technical information on power system engineering, covering the fundamental theory of power systems and their components, and the related analytical approaches.
- Presents detailed theoretical explanations of simple power systems as an accessible basis for understanding the larger, more complex power systems.
- Examines widely the theory, practices and implementation of several power sub-systems such as generating plants, over-head transmission lines and power cable lines, sub-stations, including over-voltage protection, insulation coordination as well as power systems control and protection.
- Discusses steady-state and transient phenomena from basic power-frequency range to lightning- and switching-surge ranges, including system faults, wave-form distortion and lower-order harmonic resonance.
- Explains the dynamics of generators and power systems through essential mathematical equations, with many numerical examples.
- Analyses the historical progression of power system engineering, in particular the descriptive methods of electrical circuits for power systems.
Written by an author with a wealth of experience in the field, both in industry and academia, the Handbook of Power System Engineering provides a single reference work for practicing engineers, researchers and those working in industry that want to gain knowledge of all aspects of power systems. It is also valuable for advanced students taking courses or modules in power system engineering.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
Chapter 1: Overhead transmission line and their circuit constants.
Chapter 2 : Symmetrical coordinate method (Symmetrical components).
Chapter 3 : Fault analysis by symmetrical components.
Chapter 4 : Fault Analysis of Parallel circuit Lines (including Simultaneous Double Circuit Fault).
Chapter 5 :Per Unit method and introduction of transformer circuit.
Chapter 6 : α-β-0 Coordinate method(Clarke components) and it’s application.
Chapter 7 : Symmetrical and α-β-0 components as analytical tools of transient phenomena.
Chapter 8 : Neutral grounding methods.
Chapter 9: Visual vector diagrams of voltages and currents under faults condition.
Chapter 10 :Theory of generators.
Chapter 11 : Apparent power and it’s expression by 0-1-2 and d-q-0 domains.
Chapter12 : Generating power and steady-state stability.
Chapter13 : The Generator as Rotating Machinery.
Chapter 14 : Transient/Dynamic Stability, P-Q-V Characteristics and Voltage Stability of a Power System.
Chapter 15 : Generator characteristics with AVR and stable operation limit.
Chapter 16 : Operating characteristics and the capability limits of generators.
Chapter 17 : R-X Coordinates and the Theory of Directional Distance Relays.
Chapter 18 :Traveling-wave (surge) phenomena.
Chapter 19 : Switching surge phenomena by circuit-breakers and line-switches.
Chapter 20 : Overvoltage phenomena.
Chapter 21 : Insulation Coordination.
Chapter 22 : Waveform distortion and lower order harmonic resonance.
Chapter 23 : Power Cables. .
Chapter 24 : Approaches for special circuits.
Appendix A - Mathematical Formulae.
Appendix B - Matrix Equation Formulae.
Analytical Methods Index.