UMTS Networks and Beyond (Hardcover)
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2009-03-30
- 售價: $3,951
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,753
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 386
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470031905
- ISBN-13: 9780470031902
UMTS Networks and Beyond offers a comprehensive introduction to the networking aspects of UMTS and the networks coming after UMTS. The book is unique in that it systematically compares how a particular problem, e.g. obtaining connectivity, is solved in UMTS and how the same problem is solved in a Computer Network such as the Internet. It also highlights why the respective solutions are so different.
The first part of the book provides a detailed technical discussion of UMTS, including original vision, architecture, protocol stacks and overall functionality. It places UMTS in the context of its evolution of from GSM and its convergence with Computer Networks. The second part of the book discusses today’s vision of 4G, and introduces upcoming networking technologies. Emphasis is on LTE / SAE as successor of UMTS; UMB, WiMAX and NGN are also discussed. The book gives an overview of what these technologies are likely to offer, of their architectures, protocols and functionality. It also discusses their differences and similarities, and whether they will qualify as 4G.
- Provides readers, particularly those with a background in IP-based networks, with a technical understanding of what UMTS does, how it works and how it is likely to evolve
- Explains the differences in design between UMTS Networks and Computer Networks and discusses how these design divergences can be reconciled in the future
- Shows how economic considerations shape the design of UMTS
- Motivates why particular design choices are made in UMTS
- Gives an in-depth introduction to LTE / SAE
- Provides a detailed picture of the state of the art in 4G
- Illustrates the theory with numerous tables and figures
This comprehensive textbook is essential reading for advanced students and lecturers in communications systems and networking. It is also of interest to engineers and researchers in the field of UMTS and communications systems.