Half Life 2 Mods For Dummies (Paperback)
- 出版商: For Dummies
- 出版日期: 2007-01-17
- 定價: $1,020
- 售價: 3.9 折 $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 334
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0470096314
- ISBN-13: 9780470096314
Modify gameplay, add textures, and integrate amazing effects
Develop intense environments, then share your design with players online
How cool would it be to build your own levels and customized weapons for Half-Life 2? This book will get you ready to mod so you can enjoy the ultimate gaming experience. You'll find out how to create your own maps, strategically place high-tech military equipment, and modify your levels for smoother play.
All this on the bonus CD-ROM
- Samples from the book
- A video walk-through of your first mod
- Adobe(r) Photoshop(r) CS2 tryout version
- NormalMapGenerator and Compressonator by ATI Technologies, Inc.
- Packrat version 0.95 for Half-Life 2 and Adobe Photoshop Normal Map and DDS Authoring Plugins
- For details and complete system requirements, see the CD-ROM appendix.
Discover how to
- Design maps and playing levels
- Load your creation into the game
- Expand your map with additions
- Include armor and weapons
- Distribute levels on the Web
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Part I: The ABCs of Modding.
Chapter 1: Modifying the Game.
Chapter 2: Getting Familiar with Modding Tools and Techniques.
Chapter 3: Breaking Down the Game.
Part II: Making Your Own Maps.
Chapter 4: Getting Set Up for Mapping.
Chapter 5: Creating Your First Game Map.
Chapter 6: Decorating the Scene.
Chapter 7: Adding Lights and a Player.
Chapter 8: Putting the Pieces Together.
Part III: Expanding on Your Creation.
Chapter 9: Expanding Your Map with Additions.
Chapter 10: Building with Optimization in Mind.
Chapter 11: Heading to the Great Outdoors.
Chapter 12: Adding a Few Details.
Part IV: Going Beyond the Basics.
Chapter 13: Creating Custom Textures.
Chapter 14: Finishing Up Your Map.
Chapter 15: Showing the World.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 16: Ten Great Tips and Tricks.
Chapter 17: Ten Great Mods to Learn From.
Appendix: CD Installation Instructions.