Get the communication skills you need for career success
More and more companies now require that their IT professionals have strong communication and customer service skills. Gaining these soft skills is such a critical component of IT that the new CompTIA A+ exams include a significant number of questions on this subject. This unique book prepares you for the exams and beyond as it delves into the issues that you'll face in corporate, retail, and remote support environments.
How do you deal with angry customers? How do you prioritize? The book presents over fifty scenarios depicting typical workplace situations, possible responses-and appropriate solutions to guide you. With this approach, you'll gain valuable insight into becoming a team player and learn strategies to communicate more effectively with coworkers and customers.
In this book you'll learn how to:
- Gain stronger communication and interpersonal skills for the workplace
- Deal with an angry customer and best resolve the situation
- Handle any problem while conveying strong professional and ethical behavior
- Understand some of the most difficult aspects of human interaction
- Learn how to manage by using fundamental leadership skills, including discipline, delegation, and mentoring
- Express yourself using active and passive communication
- Communicate in a multicultural environment
- Offer either direct or indirect explanations when responding to an issue
- Prepare for the soft skills questions on the CompTIA A+ exams
Table of contents:
Chapter 1 Interacting with Customers.
Chapter 2 Working with Professionals.
Chapter 3 Using Proper Phone Techniques.
Chapter 4 Security in Communication.
Chapter 5 Workplace Communication and Practices.
Chapter 6 Leadership in IT.
Chapter 7 Communication in the Real World.