InDesign CS4 For Dummies
Whether you’re an experienced designer or just want to create a cool newsletter for the school soccer team, you’ll benefit from Galen Gruman’s guidance. This desktop publishing expert shows you how to navigate InDesign menus, dialog boxes, panels, and panes; streamline your work with templates; prepare your creations for printing or online publication, and more.
- Explore the new tools, work with the application frame, and set preferences for the way you work
- Learn to open and save documents and export content
- Get familiar with the Pages panel, apply Master Pages, and work with Layers
- Make the most of color with color libraries, multi-ink colors, spot versus process color, and gradients
- Create layout guidelines and use color swatches for consistency
- Streamline text formatting by using styles and treat text as a graphic element
- Design for the Web with hyperlinks, multimedia elements, and Flash files
- See how InDesign CS4 works seamlessly with other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Discover why good design is part science and part art and learn to manipulate, organize, and align design objects
- Take advantage of tips for cropping and positioning graphics
- Prepare for printing or other output with enhanced preflighting tools
InDesign CS4 For Dummies also offers great advice for designing pages that do their job perfectly. Start creating today!