IP for 4G (Hardcover)
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2009-02-24
- 售價: $1,600
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,568
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 314
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470510161
- ISBN-13: 9780470510162
IP for 4G examines the concept of 4G, providing an in-depth background to the key technologies and developments shaping the new generation of mobile services, including Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX), IP developments (SIP and Media Independent Handover), Internet Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), and 3G (HSDPA and LTE). The book addresses these key technological drivers in light of commercial propositions such as generating extra revenue and reducing costs, and offers an up-to-date briefing on the future of mobile communications in the coming years.
- Presents and analyses the key technological drivers of 4G, including WLANs, WiMAX, convergence and IMS
- Examines the rationale for IP for 4G by bringing together technologies, global developments and economic arguments in one single volume
- Describes and puts in context the developments in the IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover group, in particular the options for network/terminal controlled handover and the likely mechanisms for seamless handover – including application adaptation
- Written for readability as well as depth – with access to detailed descriptions of technologies but also quick overviews
- Contains scenario descriptions to motivate the need for seamless handover and benefits for the user (single sign-on access to networks, single billing)
- Contains hundreds of original diagrams – carefully drawn to illustrate the complex technology and quickly provide a summary of the main issues.
- Accompanying website supports the book with additional diagrams, figures and references for further reading
IP for 4G is an invaluable reference for professionals in mobile/fixed telecoms and ICT industries, practicing telecommunications and network engineers, system designers and developers. Graduate level students studying MSc and higher-level courses on networking will also find this book of interest.