In this book, the authors discuss the technological developments lead by sensor technology, addressing viable new applications to inspire a technological evolution. Under the advanced and visionary approach of distributed intelligence, the authors focus on three distinct but tightly inter-related areas of developments for distributed sensing systems (DSS): firstly, the sensor technology embracing the conversion of the phenomena of interest into desirable form of signal such as electric, secondly, the interaction process between sensing points which requires immense intelligence loosely called networking, and finally, the adoption of useful maturing systems through potential applications for right impacts for a better life and a brighter economy. Furthermore, the book contains a number of case studies and typical applications illustrating the technical details, features and functions of the systems, as well as demonstrating their benefits and limitations.
- Discusses the technological developments lead by sensor technology
- Addresses viable new applications
- Contains a number of case studies and typical applications illustrating the technical details, features and functions of the systems
- Demonstrates the benefits and limitations of distributed sensing
- Written by experts with vast experience in the field (both in academia and industry)
This book will be an invaluable reference for postgraduates studying related courses (communication engineering, engineering management, computer systems, industrial process, automation, design, environmental, urban, surveillance), R&D engineers, system and application designers, researchers, industrial project managers and engineers, and technical and strategic managers planning new products.