Inter-Asterisk Exchange (IAX): Deployment Scenarios in SIP-Enabled Networks (Hardcover)
立即出貨 (庫存 < 4)
Written by an expert in the field of telecommunications, this book describes the Inter-Asterisk Exchange protocol (IAX) and its operations, discussing the main characteristics of the protocol including NAT traversal, security, IPv6 support, interworking between IPv4 and IPv6, interworking with SIP and many others. The author presents the ways in which IAX can be activated so as to avoid complications such as NAT and the presence of intermediary boxes in operational architectures. This book analytically demonstrates the added values of IAX protocol compared to existing ones, while proposing viable deployment scenarios that assess the behavior of the protocol in operational networks.
- Promotes a viable alternative protocol to ease deployment of multimedia services
- Analyses the capabilities of the IAX protocol and its ability to meet VoIP service provider requirements, and provides scenarios of introducing IAX within operational architectures
- Addresses the advantages and disadvantages of SIP, and Details the features of IAX that can help, in junction with SIP, to overcome various disadvantages of SIP
- Explores the added values of IAX protocol compared to existing protocols
- Discusses the compatibility of new adopted architectures and associated protocols
This book will be a valuable reference for service providers, protocol designers, vendors and service implementers. Lecturers and advanced students computer science, electrical engineering and telecoms courses will also find this book of interest.