Microwaves and Metals (Hardcover)
Manoj Gupta, Eugene Wong Wai Leong
Gupta and Wong have written this comprehensive text to introduce readers to the world of microwaves and the interaction of microwaves with metals and metals-based formulations. The authors have combined numerous research results from a wide range of sources alongside their own work in the field. Also included are overviews of microwave heating of other non-metal materials and the equipment used for microwave-assisted metallurgy. With microwave techniques poised for widespread adoption, Microwaves and Metals is an essential text for all metallurgists and materials engineers.
- Provides a thorough grounding in microwave fundamentals and their application to metals processing
- Informs readers of the latest developments in the field
- Presents a convenient single source for all aspects of microwave processing of metals and materials
- Contains liberal illustration to compare and benchmark research results
- Introduces all the necessary equipment, preparing readers for real-world practice
Microwaves and Metals is ideal for a post-graduate or advanced undergraduate course in materials science or metallurgy. Materials and metallurgical engineers in industry, who are keen on cheaper, faster techniques, will also benefit from this book.