Compressed Video Communications
Abdul H. Sadka
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2002-04-03
- 售價: $910
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $892
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 292
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470843128
- ISBN-13: 9780470843123
- Discussion of the real-time transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP packet networks such as GPRS and UMTS, at both application and transport level.
- Descriptions of relevant rate control schemes such as bit rate regulation, scaleability and resolution reduction.
- Evaluation of the performance of compression techniques and comparison of available video coding standards.
- Comprehensive overview of homogeneous and heterogeneous video transcoding algorithms and error resilient transcoders.
- Examination of error control in video communications including coverage of error resilience and decoder-based error concealment.
- Accompanying CD-ROM containing 50 video clips illustrating the temporal and spatial quality achieved by the compression techniques outlined in the text.
Highlighting the quality of service issues associated with transmission over mobile networks, Compressed Video Communications is an essential guide for communications engineers and multimedia systems designers. This overview of the basic technologies and applications of digital video compression will also appeal to researchers and graduate students in the field
Table of Content
About the Author.
Overview of Digital Video Compression Algorithms.
Flow Control in Compressed Video Communications.
Error Resilience in Compressed Video Communications.
Video Communications Over Mobile IP Networks.
Video Transcoding for Inter-network Communications.
Appendix A: Layering syntax of ITU-T H.263 Video Coding Standard.
Appendix B: Description of the Video Clips on the Supplementary CD.
Glossary of Terms.